Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Tidbits of my life.


Things here are great. Machi and I went into the city yesterday to see a Chilean movie based on stories from the big earthquake here last year. It was really good, and my first experience going to se a Spanish movie! Th

Teaching in awesome, and I'm going to be really sad to leave the school next week! Tuesday I'm going back to Arica! (So much to tell about the school--I'll try to blog on it tomorrow!)

I'm having lots more success with my ISP. I finally got some good interviews in and a couple observations. And I just got a call from the hospital saying that they're letting me go inside for a litle tour/observation on friday! It's all about connections and contacts, and I have definitely made progress in that department!

Today I went with my host dad to their other house which is about 20 minutes outside of the city down a lot of dirt roads. I dont know what he was doing, but I had the Ruka to myself!  (Ruka is the mapuche hut made of wood and straw) I made a fire and did and interview there, then watched Eat Pray Love on my laptop. It was raining and cold outside but so cozy snugled up by the fire...realllyy niceee =)

Saturday a couple SIT girls who are studying in Temuco are coming to Nueva Imperial for a concert! They invited me to go, so I think I will. That'll be the first time I've actually gone out or carreteado my whole ISP. They're probs gonna stay over here and then...

sunday I'm going back to the Ruka and having a little gathering with all the other kids from SIT who are doing their ISPs nearby..I think 8 or 9 peple will come.. We'll ride the horsies , hang out with the donkeys sheep and cows, and cook chicken or something in the fire the ruka. I'm exciteddddd.

okay that's all for now! Tomorrow I'm gonna post about my trip last weekend to Pucon.
Love and miss you allll!
     -Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment