Saturday, June 4, 2011

Nearing the End....

I finally finished my ISP!!!!! After so many hours of work and preparation, I finally turned in my ISP on Thursday and presented on Friday. The ISP was long--25 pages, 6,670 words in all, and a 20-minute powerpoint presentation -- all in Spanish! It is the best feeling finishing something like that that you put so much time and effort into.

We're all at the hotel now for the last few days of the program and have just been listening to presentation after presentation. We listened to all 27 presentations, a total of 13 hours, but everyone was so invested in their projects that it was really nice to see what they had been working so hard on for the last month. My presentation went pretty well. I wasn't that nervous, and I just used a powerpoint and spoke about my project from my own knowledge, without notecards or anything. It just went to show me how much  my Spanish has improved; there's no way I could have done a presentation like that before. And now I'm DONE!

The whole group is going out together tonight, one last time, and then tomorrow people will be packing up and saying goodbyes. Tomorrow night we have a goodbye dinner with a slideshow, presents, speeches, all that fun stuff. But I get to stay a few more days with my familyyyy!

I think I'm really ready to go home. There are definitely people, places, and some comforts of home that I miss. But we had a class today on how to deal with reentry and reverse culture shock, and I'm kind of not looking forward to that at all. It will be so weird not being able to talk in Spanish, having to follow Northamerican norms, and just trying to relate to people who have had some very different experiences than I have.

But I am going to have so many pictures and stories for you so you can understand some things!! =)

p.s. I'm getting home on the 10th!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Hannah,

    Glad all went well and re-entry is fast approaching. We will prepare your "decompression" with some good ol' fashioned chicken stir-fry and rice (American food?! No, but it's what you like!). Can't wait to hear all the stories and to see you again. I suspect you will return again to South America. Enjoy your last week!

    ReplyDelete