Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Brief Update of My Life

Wow...it´s been a while since I posted anything here! My computer´s harddrive crashed earlier this week and I was away for a few days so I haven´t had much computer access. I´ll try to get some pictures up and write about all the exciting things going on in the next couple days...I know you´re all avidly checking this every hour of the day, but don´t worry it´s coming soon!  ;-)

A rundown of what´s going on here...
-The last few weeks have been pretty crazy with classes and schoolwork. The material isn´t very challenging, but the fact that everything is in Spanish just makes all the work take forever. The classes are all taught in Spanish, taught 50/50 by  program staff and guest lecturers from the healthcare field in Chile. But everything is starting to get a little bit easier.
-The rest of the program includes:
      One week of classes
      Group excursion to Tacna, Peru
      One Week of Classes
      Group trip to the South to visit the Mapuche indigenous people!
      ISP (Individual Study Project) for one month
-I´m still thinking a lot about where I want to go and what I want to do for my ISP, but I´m starting to narrow down my ideas. As of now, it´s looking like I´ll either be in Valparaiso or Temuco and studying a theme something along the lines of´´the availability and effects of physical therapy on patients receiving cancer treatment´´. I´m still narrowing it down and starting research, but at least I have some direction at this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment