Friday, March 4, 2011

Mi Familia

I've been with my host family for almost a week now and am pretty settled in the house...
 
-My mom and dad are Jorge and Cecilia. Cecilias ews these spandex shorts that are part of the public school uniform here and sells them to street vendors to sell. She's literally always sewing and makes something like 100 shorts every day. Jorge works at a bank in town and he's pretty chill.

-I have 2 sisters, but one just left for college. So I'm here with Javiera. She's 12 but acts like she's 21. she's super sassy and cute.
 
-We also have a live-in maid. her name is Irma and she's realllyy sweet. She just moved here from Bolivia and she's only 20! The family doesn't talk to her too much and I don't think we're really supposed to be friends, but we hang out a lot, especially when my parents aren't home..haha.
  
-Grabdma and Grandpa live nearby and own a little convenience store. Grandma always comes over to sew and eat dinner with us but I usually have no idea what she's saying when she talks to me. It's kinda awk.

-And we also have 3 dogs! Rex, Jimmy, and another one that I can never remember. They live outside and and they get super happy when you go outside to play with them.  love them!

Dad, Grandpa, Javiera, Mom, Camila, Me, Grandma, Irma

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog, Han -- great idea! These little vignettes are so full of color and personality.

    xo
    Aunt Jude

    ReplyDelete